The DEC/AEC recognizes outstanding contributions to the field through a number of annual awards.
- Dr. Faye Taxman is the 2017 recipient of the Joan McCord Award in recognition of her commitment to Joan’s spirited approach to scientific inquiry and her advocacy for randomized controlled experiments. Learn More.
- Dr. Cynthia Najdowski is the 2017 recipient of the The Young Experimental Criminologist Award in recognition of her excellence in experimental scholarship during her early career. Learn More.
- Dr. Steve Belenko is the 2017 recipient of the Jerry Lee Lifetime Achievement Award, which recognizes lifetime achievement in the field of experimental criminology. Learn More.
- Lorraine Mazerolle, Sarah Bennett, Emma Antrobus and Elizabeth Eggins are the 2017 recipient of the The Award for Outstanding Experimental Field Trial for their efforts on Ability School Engagement Program (ASEP) Field Trial. Learn more.
In 2017, two awards were given for outstanding student papers.
- Dr. Olivia Choi and colleagues are 2017 recipient of the Student Paper Award for their article “Stimulation of the Prefrontal Cortex Reduces Violent Criminal Intent: A Randomized Clinical Trial.” Learn More.
- Dr. Megan Denver and colleagues are 2017 recipient of the Student Paper Award for their article “The Language of Stigmatization and the Mark of Violence: Experimental Evidence on the Social Construction and Use of Criminal Record Stigma.” Learn More.